Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hey, I went to Hawaii.

Spring Break was P E R F E C T.
How it came about was probably my favorite part.
One day, Katie and I were texting,
It went something like this:

Me: I need a vacation
Katie: Me too. Let's go far away. Hawaii?
Me: And go see Brooke? Y E S
Katie: Let's look up flights right now...

....and within a few hours, our flights were booked.

Fast forward three weeks and this is what my reality was. 
I had been to Hawaii before, but this time was so different. 
My good friend from BYU-Idaho, Brooke, was living on the North Shore. 
Since she was a "local" she hooked us up with all of the hot spots. 
Which was nice because both Katie and I had already done all of the touristy things on Oahu.


 





 




 


Take me back to those nine days in Paradise.
Oh, and jumping out of a plane?
Highly recommended. I feel like I can conquer the world now. 

I actually didn't tell a SOUL I was going Skydiving. Only Katie and Brooke knew.
I called my mom immediatley after and she was yelling at me:
Mom: "Stephanie I hope you are kidding me right now!" 
Me: "Nope!"
Mom: "What if you would have died?! How selfish would that have been? I would have hated that phone call."
Me: "Well, you were actually my number two emergency contact sooo you wouldn't have gotten that phone call. AND at least I was thinking of you 15,000 feet in the air with your name tattooed to my hand, so technically I wasn't being that selfish." 

Now I have the itch to keep traveling.
I think Thailand is calling my name....

No comments:

Post a Comment