Wednesday, July 9, 2014

{ Washington}

For the 4th of July I went home! My friend Cheryl's sister goes to Gonzaga Law School, so she met me up in Washington to party! Being home is the best and my parents are such troopers these days (benefits of them being retired and bored). I had them going and going. We spent a few days in Spokane and then bounced to Seattle.

The drive to Seattle is my favorite. You are surrounded by mountains of pine trees. That is one thing I miss about Washington. First stop in Seattle? was Snoqualmie Falls. Just driving along I-90 you would never know those falls existed.

After that, we took Cheryl on the normal touristy things: Space Needle, Pikes Place, The Great Wheel, Ivar's and we even took a ferry around the harbor. I had never taken that particular ferry before and it was interesting listening to the history of Seattle.

Two things Cheryl noticed about Seattle:
1. How old the city is. She said she was expecting the city to be a lot newer.
2. And I quote, "There's really not a lot of beautiful people here." That made me laugh so hard, but she is so right. People are so chill in Washington. North Face and dark denim? You're set. Not to mention it's pretty much the granola capital of the world. She grew up in Utah, which is a 180 difference from Washington. In Utah, life in general is a competition whether people like to admit it or not. Who can look the cutest, nicest house, best car, the list could go on. Point is, people take a lot more care of themselves in Utah (I think it comes with the Mormon culture too).

Being home is always rejuvenating. Brings me back to solid ground. Not only that, it is my dream to live in Seattle even for a small amount of time someday. I can't get enough of that city.

































No comments:

Post a Comment