Saturday, January 10, 2015

| 27 |

When I was younger, I always wondered what life would be like in my twenties. Would I finish college? Start a career? Get married? Maybe even start a family? These are things I was always curious about (some I still am). I always thought my life would be "figured out." Not sure where that idea came from, but that was a complete misconception.

Here I am. 27. Not married. No kids. Yet, I wouldn't change that. I've been so blessed.
But it has kind of hit me though that in THREE years I will be thirty. Dirty-freakin-T H I R T Y.
(insert freak out here).

Which has me curious all over again: Will I have life "figured out" by 30? Marriage? Kids?
I guess it's all a mystery. So I'm buckled up, ready for the adventure.

My 27th Birthday was perfect in every way. I wanted to keep it pretty low key and simple. Friday, I celebrated my birthday at school with my kids. The best part? When we were celebrating and I was passing out their treat, Breck surprised me with a bouquet of flowers. My class freaked out (as usual). Every time he comes in they go CRAZY. And that's putting it nicely. It's funny because when my parents, sister or friends come in, they are calm. A boy? They freak.

Friday night, I invited some friends to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. 


You know it's serious when.....your brother and your boyfriend show up to dinner matching.


Saturday morning, Breck and I went and got pedicures (yes, Breck) at my favorite place. He gave that to me as part of my gift. The best part? Gillian and her sister, Lauren, walked in while we were getting pedicures, not even planned.

 Later that afternoon, Breck's family and I went up to Porcupine Grille in Cottonwood Heights to celebrate my birthday and to say bye to Breck who had to go back to Washington (insert cry emoji here). 



(I know, I know. I look like I'm dating his brother in law)

Saturday night, some friends and I went up to Deer Valley to watch the World Cup Moguls. The weather was balls cold. When the announcers were awarding the winners at the end, it started snowing like crazy, we got soaked, but it was "snow" fun.

Sunday was a family party up at Lindsey's. Loved blowing the candles out with some of my favorites.


Needless to say, it was a great Birthday! And whether or not I like it, I am officially 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment