Thursday, January 29, 2015

| ski bums |

a few days ago i ditched all responsibility and went skiing with the fam up in park city. and what a wild day we had.

i'll be honest, i was a little nervous to go with my mom. she hasn't been skiing since she broke her pelvis ten or so years ago. i was afraid she'd be too uncomfortable and in pain (since she is most of the time). the night before we went up i said, "i am nervous about you mom...for a lot of reasons!" she laughs and says, "me too!" i knew right then that it was going to be a wild day.



scottie's snap chats described it best: dad had fraud on his card which almost prevented us from getting our day passes. mom broke her pole on her second run. how she managed that is still a mystery. and me? i lost my phone in the snow when i crashed.





the crash: scottie took me down this steep hill. should i have gone? n o p e. but did i? yep. and i crashed within 5 seconds. when i flipped, my phone must have landed somewhere in the snow because when we got down to the bottom my phone was no longer in my pocket. i freaked. my phone is white and i lost it in the snow....perfect! we downloaded the "find my phone" app and saw that it was in fact on the mountain. but where? so scottie, dad and i go on a rescue mission. we went to the spot i crashed and kept calling it. also, on the "find my phone" app you can push a bottom that turns on this high pitch "beep" on your phone. we kept doing that and eventually after some digging, we found it!! i lucked out. and to be honest, i really haven't had too many problems with it since. i thought i would have had major water damage. *knock on wood*


what happened the rest of the day? mom and i crashed into each other. and literally couldn't get up because i was laughing so hard. my mom on the other hand, didn't think it was so funny. and then my parents accidentally went down a black diamond. so i guess you could say our day was a little nuts.

so what if my family is a little crazy.
crazy is definitely the new normal......according to the johnson's!



No comments:

Post a Comment